Thizzler On The Roof receives music, videos and other content from various outlets, record labels, artists, and producers. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of Thizzler On The Roof to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
(1) Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
(2) Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit Thizzler On The Roof to locate that material.
(3) Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
(4) Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
(5) Certify that the information that you have provided Thizzler On The Roof is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
(6) Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing. The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, athttp://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/circ1.html, which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, Thizzler On The Roof has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on www.thizzler.com, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email, at:
Administrator: Matt Werner
Requests that do not follow this format will be ignored.
Content hosted via Third Party APIs:
All videos that were not directly submitted are embedded using the official API interfaces as provided by the respective video sites, (namely DailyMotion, YouTube, Google Video, MySpace TV, and MTV) and this in accordance and in full compliance with their respective terms of service.
There is no way for us to establish, legally or otherwise, whether any of the video sites we use are hosting the content we use illegally or whether they have any agreements/contracts with copyright holders and licensing collecting agencies or not. We therefore can only assume that they are acting “in good faith” and that by allowing us to embed their content, they do not make us accomplice to any copyright or licensing violations.
Licensing Issues: for any licensing issues please consult the copyright policies of the sites listed below and use the contact addresses there: